Monday, October 8, 2007

Oh The Shame....

I remember last year during the winter I had a fever and I was up all night. It was one of those horrible nights when you can't sleep, you are sweating out a fever, and the TV is your only companion...and there is nothing on. Well, between my delusional episodes I stumbled upon a show that I am almost embarrassed to admit I watched...remember I was near death so you must forgive me.

I stopped on CMT (the first clue that I was feverish) and got hooked on a marathon of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders ~ Making the Team. The two woman who run the DCCs (as they are affectionately referred to) are two former cheerleaders who while older are still beauties and let me just tell you they are serious about their jobs. There will be no untalented, "fat" , or ugly girls allowed and they aren't afraid to say it. It was riveting as they followed the hopefuls through the audition process and finally announced the squad. Anyway, I kept my little secret and blamed the fever on my interest in the show

Well, it's back. I was fumbling through the TV stations the other night and Making the Team 2 is now in full swing. Those damn marathons, it sucked me in and I must admit that I watched three episodes. So now I am watching season 2 ~ so I feel it's time to own it and just state to the world that I enjoy watching this show. I feel like a better person for just admitting it....okay truth be told, I have DVRed new episodes so I figured instead of letting Daniel out me for watching it, I would admit it first :)


here's a snippet from the interview portion...

Interviewer: What do you think about Condoleezza Rice running for President? (trick question)

Candidate: I love our current president (she is from TX after all ~ and she's not a Dixie Chick) but since he can't run again, I think HE would be fine to run.

Interviewer: (with distain) I said Condoleezza Rice...you're okay with that.

Candidate: Yes, HE has every right to run.

Later when doing a post follow-up with the candidate:

"I'm so embarrassed, they asked me how I felt about Condoleezza JONES running for President and she's not even running....

To be fair the sponsors were mortified by her answers and said if anyone is a total dingbat on any portion of an interview it is an instant dismissal for them....and true to their word she was gone.

1 comment:

normanrey said...

there is always a reason to watch a show (let alone recording a whole season of it)... i don't blame you for doing it if only to catch priceless snippets like that. :-)