Sunday, October 7, 2007

Knocked Up on a Saturday Night....


Last night I enjoyed a quiet night a home. I was exhausted from the week and the night before I was out until 2am ~ getting too old for those late nights!!

I thought I would try some light fair last night so I rented Knocked Up. It received great reviews and did well at the box office, so I thought I would give it a try.

It was very enjoyable. It had some very funny parts and I thought it was a very good rental. It was even worth seeing in the movies. The guy who wrote and directed it, Judd Apatow has a lot of buzz right now. He directed Talledega Nights and The 40 Year Old Virgin. This was definitely in the same vein as Virgin. Katherine Heigel did a good job ~ and to my surprise, Ryan Seacrest has a pretty funny cameo where he is pretty much making fun of himself.

I think the performers who stole the show though were Leslie Mann, the woman who plays Katherine's sister and the two little girls who play her daughters. It turns out that she is the wife of the director and the two little girls are their children, but this was definitely a case when nepotism was a good thing. They really stole the show in my book.

So I'll give it a thumbs up. For the mood I was in this was a good antidote.

No comments: